1/13/10

Absolutely Brilliant

Sometimes you have those days when you don't want to do, you want to simply enjoy. Today's one of those.
Okay, but I just have to ramble about how much I adore the book I'm reading right now. It's called The Hero of Ages, and is the last in Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy. I've loved just about every bit of these books, the characters are so real, the world is intricately crafted, from its cities to to its trio of magic systems which are just about my favorite part. The plot takes most fantasy tropes and turns them upside and inside out...and that's when you find out the sky is backwards. Now you think, "how can the sky be backwards?" EXACTLY
The one gripe I have with these books (well, the first one) is that I felt that the main romance was a tad forced or overdone. But that was before I saw the depth to it later on. The big problem was that the street kid with access to awesome mystical power masquerading as a noble falls for the unsatisfied aristocratic heir. Sound familiar at all?
But I do heartily recommend this book. I think I have a contender for my new favorite book series, just let me finish the book before I make any final judgments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the rule of Thumper as applied to writing, "If you can't say anything helpful, don't say anything at all." And if I see ONE "F1R$T!!" I'm going to eviscerate you.
Have a nice day!