1/18/10

Blog As A Verb, Noun, Or Onomatopoeia?

Beauty and the Beast didn't happen, and now it never will. That's all I want to say about that.
I finished The Hero Of Ages! The end was...unprecedentedly amazing. If you have any interest in a great fantasy novel, I wholeheartedly recommend it.
If you haven't noticed, I have a distinct interest in Speculative Fiction, and I've found a couple of really neat blogs with a ton of information on the subject.
Atsiko's Chimney is one I stumbled across a couple of days ago while looking for tips on how to write magic systems, and I found that is has some really good advice, getting down to some of the nitty gritty behind magic systems and how they are put together.
Flights Of Fantasy is a rather neat blog that's more about the writing process in general, with tips on general things like characters, little things like what kind of functions different animals can have in fantasy, or things beyond the writing process itself, like publishing.
I recommend both if you have any interest in getting writing tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the rule of Thumper as applied to writing, "If you can't say anything helpful, don't say anything at all." And if I see ONE "F1R$T!!" I'm going to eviscerate you.
Have a nice day!