12/16/09

Everything is so NEW!

Listening To: The Point of No Return, The Phantom of The Opera Movie Soundtrack
Holiday Engine: Revved
Mood: Content

We're almost through our December performances in choir! *hallelujah!*
Our last performance is on Saturday, but before that we have our major winter concert tomorrow, and a major day full of shows on Friday.
The finish line is in sight.
On the recommendation of a friend, I've started reading Mistborn, and I gotta say, it's fantastic. I'm only about a third of the way through the first book, and I'm really enjoying it. It's just the kind of book I like, with interesting characters, clever magic system and elaborate world setup. It has great action scenes, and I've been told that I haven't seen anything yet.
Very exciting.
I played Racquetball for the first time tonight with my youth group. An interesting experience, and definitely something I'd be willing to repeat. Though it's all about the people you're playing with. Being the physically inept guy that I am, having a bunch of guys who are very forgiving of your shortcomings is very helpful.
Chick-Fil-A. First time today, and I found it very satisfying. Great chicken... And that's all I have to say about it. Really.
I've been to read more fan fics lately, and, being cautious and going through TV Tropes for my recommendations, I think I've found some real gems. Very good stuff. I found Morphic, a rather dark pokemon fic about half-breeds between pokemon and humans, to be excellent, and, while there is quite a bit of foul language, most of it is fairly deserved. But, as a warning, it touches on a few very sensitive topics, including religion, abortion, and death, but handles them quite realistically and maturely in my opinion.
I finished my 10K word story challenge, and was fairly pleased with the result. I got a 195 out of 200, which I'm very excited about. Now, I didn't finish the story, but I think I left it hanging on a rather nice cliffhanger. I started the story off with the mindset of a superhero story about a citizen of a city whose entire population has superpowers. But where my plot took me follows more of the style of an action thriller, but with the same superpower twist. I think it turned out rather well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the rule of Thumper as applied to writing, "If you can't say anything helpful, don't say anything at all." And if I see ONE "F1R$T!!" I'm going to eviscerate you.
Have a nice day!