12/15/09

An Obituary

Today had a moment that will probably stand out in my memory for the rest of my life.
I haven't mentioned it here, but I grew up on legos, specifically, the Bionicle line. These things have been an obsession of mine since I was eight years old. In the last year or so, though, my interest has began to slacken when it comes to the current events of the series. When I logged into a community site dedicated to the series, BZPower, for the first time in a while, it came as a blow to the chest when the news page displayed articles referencing the end of the line.
My pulse quickening and my head fuzzy, I looked over the back articles to find a letter from the Lego Group to BZPower, detailing that they would be discontinuing the toy line after a release in January...
I gave ten years to these toys. No one who has not gone through a similar experience can't imagine the specific sense of loss that I've felt.
Goodbye, Bioncle, we had a good run.









2001-2010
RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the rule of Thumper as applied to writing, "If you can't say anything helpful, don't say anything at all." And if I see ONE "F1R$T!!" I'm going to eviscerate you.
Have a nice day!